'Star Wars: The Old Republic' presenta el parche 1.2, con muchísimas mejoras y novedades
Lo que más llama la atención es la nueva Warzone llamada Novare Coast, la nueva Operation nombrada Explosive Conflict y el nuevo Flashpoint de nombre Lost Island, pero hay mucho más.
La lista completa con todas las novedades del parche 1.2 de 'Star Wars: The Old Republic' se encuentra al final de la noticia, dado que es enorme, pero en resumidas cuentas lo que podemos encontrar se resume en un nuevo "Flashpoint", una nueva "Operation", una nueva "Warzone", novedades en el sistema Legacy, nuevo equipo y cambios en el PvP, novedades para los gremios, la posibilidad de tener varias especializaciones de talentos y personalización tanto del equipo como de la interfaz de usuario.
1.2, ¿aumentarán las ventas?Este parche representa un punto crítico para BioWare, dado que parte de la comunidad está esperando a ver que es lo que hacen con el mismo antes de decidir si continuar jugando o no. El juego, que ha tenido tantos fans como detractores, se encuentra en un momento clave, del cual posiblemente surgirá la realidad: si 'SWToR' podrá hacer frente al futuro o se quedará en una moda pasajera, como la mayoría de los MMO's que salen al mercado siendo de pago y acaban pasándose al modelo "Free To Play".
Greg Zeschuk, de BioWare, ha comentado lo siguiente: "antes del lanzamiento, nuestra gran prioridad en Star Wars: The Old Republic era crear un juego y un servicio de alta calidad desde el primer día. Ahora que lo hemos conseguido, hemos cambiado nuestro objetivo a añadir más contenido al juego, mejorando y refinando la experiencia".
Otra novedad poco comentada es que a partir de hoy los subscritos al juego podrán invitar a sus amigos a jugar el Trial, que permitirá llegar hasta nivel 15 durante los 7 días de duración, y la posibilidad de comprar la edición digital a un precio reducido. Sólo queda esperar a que salga el parche, que verá la luz, presumiblemente, este mes de marzo, para comprobar si realmente el juego seguirá siendo un éxito o se quedará estancado en su base de usuarios.
Novedades del "Parche 1.2: Legacy":
Operations and Flashpoints Discussion
- The new Operation, Explosive Conflict will be the hardest Operation
- Nigthmare mode will have a different loot (gear) post Update 1.2
- Normal mode wil be replaced by "Story Mode", to allow casual players to enjoy the story behind the Operations
- Character copy to PTS will be available soon
- New Flashpoint: Lost Island continues the Kaon story
- Game Update 1.3 will include a Group Finder (single server only)
- Game Update 1.2 will not come with any in-game combat log or any metrics for that matter
Player vs. Player Discussion
- New Warzone: Novare Coast (same faction vs same faction gameplay). It's an objective control type Warzone.
- Game Update 1.2 will bring Ranked PVP.
- Group queue will be available in 1.2 (up to 8 players)
- New PVP dailies in 1.2
- 18 new objective medals are going to be introduced in 1.2
- Winning the games faster is encouraged in 1.2
- Vote to Kick will be added in 1.2
- Players who afk in Warzones or don't do anything (0 medals or objectives), won't receive any rewards in 1.2
- New PVP gear (tier) in 1.2
- New PVP Crafting (expertise crystals)
- Voidstar and Civil War will have a training version which will allow same faction vs same faction battles
- Cross-server Warzone queues will be implemented in the future
- Warzone Tournaments will be introduced post Game Update 1.3
- Persistant groups through Warzones (the ability to keep the current group while queuing) will be implemented with no ETA atm
- Ilum will be redesigned in the near future
- Minor changes to Outlaw's Den (quicker travel route)
- Player bounties are planned in the future of SWTOR (no ETA)
- Warzone challenges are planned (challenging another guild/group directly)
- War Hero commendations will be available only via Ranked Warzones (doesn't require to have Valor Rank 70, it's just named the same)
- The current focus of valor is not to get different gear, it's more of a prestigious thing but it will yield several items such as mounts, titles etc.
- Family Tree type legacy
- Once you reach level 50 with a species, you can unlock that species to all classes
- Human species alts give you extra Presence
- Legacy Global Unlocks: - unlock class emotes
- Unlock other class buffs (ex. as a Bounty Hunter, with a Sith Warr alt, you can buff with both class buffs)
- Heroic Moment ability (not usable in Warzones/Ops etc)
- Unlock Heroic Abilities (ex. using Force Choke on your agent - again, not usable in Warzones/Ops and usable only with an active companion)
- Complete all missions for a companion "type" (e.g. ranged tank) unlocks a shorter cooldown for Heroic Moment, a small stat boost and additional Presence buff for all your companions.
Social Rank Unlocks
- Dance with your companions
- Brawling abilities for unarmed combat
- Purchasable Legacy Rewards
- Dark/Light/Neutral rewards
- New "Sprint" ability - short duration buff
- Ship training dummies and Warzones dummies will be available at 1.2 (testing damage etc)
- Ship repair droid that will repair your gear, which you can sell gear to and from you can buy different items
- Ship mailbox
- Ship Neutral GTN (high legacy level only)
- Legacy Weapons and Armor
- Legacy appearances
- Unique orange items only unlockable by legacy levels.
- Multi spec is coming (a type of Dual spec but allows you to save multiple specs - more than 2)
- Voice restraining mod for the ship robot (aka mute)
- Ship droid gains affection
Economy and Crew Skills Discussion
- 84% of players have less than 1 million credits and repair costs are currently seen to high. The developers are working for balance adjustments to correct this situation
- Legacy upgrades for Crew Skills are coming in Game Update 1.2 such as better RE system, crafting Operations gear with critical augment slots and more.
- Armstech and Armormech will be able to make different types of augments
- Slicing will supply augment materials
- Cybertech speeders will become BoE
- The costs of training a level 3 speeder will be reduced
- Shorter cooldowns for cybertech grenades
- New color crystals will become available for crafting through Artifice
- New schematics will be implemented, including for PvP crafting (gained by PvP-ing). Artifice will be the first crew skill to benefit from this
- Overall, efforts are focused to motivate players to become crafters by offering them exclusive benefits that will allow them faster credit gains, better looking gear and performance
- A tooltip will be implemented in Game Update 1.2 that will tell you if you can Reverse Engineer an item and if there is a new schematic that you can learn by doing so
- High-level (purple) missions will no longer have a chance to fail starting with Game Update 1.2
- New possible features include character re-customization and chat bubbles
- Social, alignment and family tree unlocks will be available through the Legacy system
- In the future all cosmetic gear should work for all types (light, medium and heavy armor)
- Animal mounts will be implemented at some point in the future
- More role-play emotes will come and many of them will have lines.
Guild Features Discussion
- Guild banks will come in Game Update 1.2 (with up to 7 tabs that you can buy with a gradually increasing price)
- Detailed guild logs will allow guild leaders to see all incoming/outgoing transactions
Post Game Update 1.2 Guild Features
- Guild Emblem (useable on armor)
- Guild Calendar
- Guild Advertising (to support guild recruitment/joining)
- Guild Progression will be implemented, but not in the near future
- Guild Capital Ships design exists (will also not be available to soon)
User Interface Presentation
- You will be able to move and scale most UI components while in "Edit Mode". Components that are always visible and the ones that are only visible sometimes will be displayed with different colors
- For now only four quickslot bars remain available
- Game Update 1.2 confirmed to bring the "target of target" feature
- You will be able to flip the map axis
- You will be able to move secondary windows anywhere on the screen and have more than one open at the same time
- UI configurations will be save-able as XML files and shared between players
- Macros will not be implemented any time soon
- Spec-specific quickslots will be implemented at some point
- Many improvements to the GTN will come in Game Update 1.2. (such as less mandatory filters)
- You will be able to share UI settings between characters (altough not in Game Update 1.2)
...And The Rest
- The "Unify to Chest" option is being brought back in Game Update 1.2 and it will be toggle-able for each armor piece (default setting "off"
- New daily quests on Corellia will be implemented in Game Update 1.2
- Dual-multi spec is coming in two stages: first you will be able to switch between tree builds; in the second stage switching will also change the gear loadout (not in 1.2)
- Same gender romance will be implemented at some point (quote: "Sometime this year" with story updates included
- Warzone team balancing will be optimized through the improved match-making system and the incentives provided to discourage warzone quitting
- The option to to turn down shader settings that is coming with Update 1.1.5 will make the game playable on lower end machines. However, there is a dedicated team working constantly on optimizations to make the game run better